Releasing a new kind of beast into the Timbavati, thanks to Land Rover Sandton.
Those with a keen eye might have seen the tracks of an exciting new addition to the Timbavati environment. A new species, never before seen on the reserve. It was first sighted making its way from Sandton, along the N4, to its new habitat, in the heart of the African Bushveld…
As we all know, the COVID-19 pandemic has caused tremendous financial pressures throughout the world, with our very own Timbavati also being adversely affected. 2020 saw our previously very successful funding model, being placed under enormous pressure with our tourism industry at a standstill. Income was cut and the reserve had to operate on the bare minimum, but out of these extremely difficult circumstances, a new exciting partnership has dawned.
Land Rover Sandton reached out to the Timbavati, and released a new beast, “Landy 1” into the Timbavati vehicle fleet.
This incredible sponsorship adds valued support to the day-to-day management, conservation, anti-poaching & wildlife security, and community upliftment programs undertaken within the reserve and the surrounding landscape. Landy 1 has already hit the ground running, assisting with trips throughout the reserve, fence line patrols, and various other anti-poaching and wildlife security initiatives.
Landy 1’s tracks will become a distinct feature within the Timbavati Landscape in the next few months as this generous donation from Land Rover Sandton aids with the management and protection of the reserve and its wildlife.
Some adventures lined up include:
- Attend various meetings and conferences, both within the Lowveld region as well as throughout South Africa,
- Assisting with anti-poaching operations throughout the Timbavati, with special emphasis on counter-poaching operations of both black and white rhinoceros and pangolin,
- Servicing of all TPNR early detections systems,
- Assisting with transportation of Timbavati Management during the undertaking of conservation projects implemented within the TPNR, and
- Assisting with the implementation of our various community upliftment programs and projects.
We look forward to being a part of Landy 1’s adventures as it aims to conquer the rugged bushveld terrain and support all Timbavati departments where needed. What an incredible test for an incredible vehicle!
We look forward to keeping you all updated on this exciting new partnership, as we share Landy 1’s challenges and successes. There is no better place to showcase what a versatile vehicle can do, than the rugged terrain of the Timbavati…and who knows, maybe your next vehicle of choice is a tried and tested Land Rover Discovery.
Thank you again Land Rover Sandton!