Hidden Hideaways of the Timbavati – Motswari Java Camp
Let the bush surprise you from the moment you set foot in the unscripted and truly wild, Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. Experience Motswari Hideaway’s self-catering camps where the luxuries are grounded in nature, the rich wildlife the hero of your stay and the exclusive use of each camp providing the escape you truly need.
Established for several decades now, Java Camp is synonymous with stories of lions feasting on a buffalo in the campgrounds and the yelps of jackals lingering under the blanket of stars.
Sleeps: 10 Guests
Number of Units: 5 Classic Rondawels / Chalets
What makes it unique?
- This family farm camp has a deep soul embedded in it over generations of happy people.
- The 5 separate rondawels dotted under big trees, form a circle around the large camp, where peace and tranquility are sacred.
- The camp is unfenced so you are right in the thick of the action.
- Your relationship with your guide will grow strong. Be enthralled by exhilarating stories and a special knowledge of the African bush.
- Most importantly, the camp will feel as if it is your own, no distractions, no interference, just you and your tribe enjoying all the splendours that nature has to offer.
- The main house has electricity while the five rondawels are without, so that you can truly sleep in the bush and listen to all the wonders outside your window.
- When not on a scheduled game drive, spend your days lazing in the outdoor pool situated in the heart of the camp and surrounded by shady trees.
What your stay includes
- Explore unchartered wilderness adjacent to the Kruger National Park
- 2 Scheduled daily game drives with a qualified Field Guide lasting 2.5 hours each, one in the early morning and one late afternoon returning at night for nocturnal animals and stargazing
- Off-road driving to view the Big 5
- Private landing strip.
- Access to Motswari's airstrip.
- Dining under the stars around campfires in an open boma.
- An exclusive self-catering private camp for up to 10 people.
- Outdoor pool with the best views of the bush.
- A Field Guide will be staying at the camp with you for the duration of your stay.
- A housekeeper will ensure that the house is kept clean for your comfort.
- There is a camp caretaker present at all times.
Catering & cooking
Prepare your meals in our fully-equipped indoor kitchen or outdoor boma, where you can dine underneath the stars. With so many different setups for meals, you can make the most of your experience and bush cuisine. FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Due to the remoteness of our Motswari Hideaway Camps, it is recommended to place an order for your groceries with local suppliers in Hoedspruit. It may be more convenient for you to call or email ahead of time and place an order with the company for collection en route to your camp.
Daily game drives
During your stay, experience two complimentary daily game drives taking you deep into the Timbavati Private Game Reserve. Our passionate guides know every tree, every spoor, and every resident in this piece of paradise. Instead of just showing you the Big 5, you’ll focus on an animal’s gaze, body language and behaviour, discovering the interconnectedness of the bush. On a Motswari Hideaways game drive, you’re not just an audience viewing the bush through a lens, you’re watching a sacred story unfold.