Blended in with the Timbavati environment is Umlani Bushcamp. Emphasising responsible tourism, their operations are fully committed to doing what is best for the environment. They are heavily focused on minimising their footprint and as a result, the traditional African style camp is built from natural materials.
The Umlani Team
The staff at Umlani Bushcamp set high standards and expectations as they carry out their duties in a professional manner, ensuring the guests are comfortable and relaxed. The management, trackers, rangers and general staff all possess high quality skills and knowledge, continuously contributing to memorable safari experience.
Umlani Bushcamp provide optimum comfort with their unique African safari accommodation in the form of thatch huts and Eco Rondavels. There are four double huts with double beds, four family huts with doubles beds and two single beds, and one Eco Hut. All accommodation options are beautifully set up for a star-gazing experience and fully equipped with en-suite facilities and an open-air bush shower.
Other value-adding facilities include a gift shop, boma/dining area, bush bar and deck overlooking a waterhole, refreshing pool and an exclusive treehouse for bush sleep-outs.
A typical day in the bush
Umlani bushcamp is renowned for their excellent rangers and trackers who show immense passion and pride for their job, providing only the best service and making each day as special as the next. A typical day in the bush goes as follows:
- Firstly, an early wake up where you'll meet your ranger and have a quick cup of coffee/tea.
- Depart from the camp for your early morning game drive at 6am. You'll pull over on the route and be treated to coffee or tea and some biscuits.
- Arrive back at the camp around 9am where you can quickly freshen up and enjoy a full breakfast cooked by professional chefs.
- After breakfast, there are is a host of activities to partake in. Spend your time relaxing in your luxury room, go on short walks with your ranger, lounge around the pool area in the hammocks and/or enjoy a drink at the bush bar that overlooks the riverbed.
- Get ready for your late afternoon/evening game drive. Once again, you'll pull over on the route and indulge in some bush snacks and sundowners.
- Arrive back from the game drive and head to the boma where you'll be treated to some pre-dinner drinks.
- Finally, dinner will be served in the candlelit dining room or out in the open under the stars.
Experience the magic of the bush at Umlani Bushcamp. Their incredibly designed huts are authentic and off the grid. The camp certainly provides a special and action-packed wildlife experience. The chefs prepare award-winning meals which adds extra value to your stay, knowing you'll be spoilt with every dish being served. Take the time to escape with nature and view the beautifully unspoiled African landscapes and wilderness, while enjoying the Timbavati's rich wildlife.