The Timbavati Private Nature Reserve is embarking on an initiative to increase conservation revenue through sustainable tourism.
This strategy was developed through a joint effort of the commercial operations within the Timbavati, as a means to provide the reserve with a more significant income from commercial tourism. This comes at a time when our wilderness areas are under greater threat than ever before, with exponential increases in security costs to combat wildlife crime.
Conservation Levy Costs:
- R215 per lodge guest per stay (regardless of age)
- Fully Inclusive Lodges:
- Adults: R328 per person per day
- Children under 12 years: R164 per child per day
- Self Catering Camps:
- R70 per person per day (regardless of age)
- Rates will be released in due course. If you require rates for 2019 please contact email@example.com
Private Road levy: R140 per vehicle (payable at the control gate)
Please note the following:
- Your levies may be included in the cost of your accommodation. Please check with the lodge or your travel agent.
- The new 2018 conservation levy applies to ALL NEW bookings made from 1 September 2017. If bookings were made for 2018 prior to this period, the old conservation levy applies.
- There is NO special rate for South African citizens or citizens of SADEC countries.
What is the conservation levy used for?
- The Conservation Levy is used entirely in the funding of the operational activities of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve.
- 10% of all Conservation Levy income is used for community development projects through the Timbavati Foundation.